Thursday 8 May 2014

Summer Doldrums

So starting at the end of April I've officially been on my four month break from university! Only a week in and I'm already super frustratingly bored.

Now don't get me wrong - I definitely need these four months to get myself back on track and prepare myself for my second year of uni. But after eight months of insane business, having nothing to do feels weird. 

So I've decided to set myself some goals for these summer months. Hopefully this helps me stay active and not fall into an apathetic rut.

  1. Get a second job. I started a part time job a couple of days ago, but hours are scarce and always in the evening, and I feel this is just an excuse to wake up super late and not do anything until four in the afternoon (which is fine sometimes, but probably not every day, I'm thinking). Thus, a second job.
  2. Begin working out again. Man, have I fallen off of that wagon. On campus at university I at least had a gym membership that cost me a decent sum of money, so I felt motivated to go to the gym at least twice a week to make it worth the fee. But now I'm just sitting around, and I really should get back on my feet again. Another gym membership here, that'll be good motivation.
  3. Get back into my hobbies. I think this one is super necessary. So many things - like reading, painting, playing guitar - I simply did not have time to do during the school year. But now that I have all this excess time on my hands, I really have no excuses.
Hopefully with this goal of keeping active in mind, I can make this summer the best one yet!


-Hannah
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment