Thursday 2 January 2014

New Year.

Happy holidays, everyone! I hope you've all had an absolute blast. Now, of course, back to all the silly responsibilities.

I see a lot of the "New Year, new me" posts in my internet wanderings, and with that naturally comes the "let's be honest, I'm not eating any healthier" posts too. I think I'm sitting right in the middle of these two. I don't think I have the determination to craft a whole new me, and besides, I really do like the way my life is going at the moment. But I do think there are always ways to improve one's life, and this year I'm feeling a real motivation to do so. Here's a break down.

  1. Eat healthier. For real, though. My first semester at university was a whirlwind of frantic studying and eating my feelings. Now that I've got a better idea of what to expect going into second semester, I feel I can really concentrate on keeping healthy.
  2. Keep active. An active lifestyle has always been important to me, but in the last while I've really been neglecting it. Back to the gym I go!
  3. Put more effort into how I look. This does seem rather shallow, now that I look at it... But I swear, it's not meant to be! I think that for me personally, good hair and nice outfits and rad makeup aid in making me feel more confident. And confidence is something I really do struggle with. (Plus I really want to learn how to contour. It looks so great!)
That is about it. I decided to keep it simple, keep it short. I feel as though if I can make it a habit, and part of my lifestyle, to do these three things, I'll be better off in the long-run. It'll be challenging, certainly. But what things that are worthwhile aren't challenging?

What are your New Year resolutions?


-Hannah
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment